After creating your capacity plan, reference the insight cards and charts above to...
- Check if you’re on track to hit your hiring goal
- View and share overall hiring progress with key stakeholders
- Know if you need to re-adjust the plan based on actual outcomes
- How big your capacity surplus or gap is exactly, to right-size your team
- Monitor strain and utilization of your team members
Viewing progress to goal
See hires to date, relative to your cumulative hiring goal across all departments, hiring managers, or offices included in your plan.
Re-adjusting your plan in real-time
Track capacity vs. hires over time, as your make progress, to spot bottlenecks early and take appropriate action.
- Hiring goal - your cumulative hiring goal across all departments, hiring managers, or offices included in your plan.
- Capacity ceiling - your cumulative available recruiter capacity across all recruiters included in your plan. This is how many hires all your recruiters on the team can make, cumulative over the time frame of your plan.
- Allocated capacity - your cumulative allocated recruiter capacity, over all their assignments in your plan. After distributing your hiring goal to the recruiters assigned in the Hiring Plan table, this becomes their “allocated capacity” toward those hires.
- Hires to date - when your “allocated capacity” in the plan is realized as an actual hire, “allocated capacity” will convert to “Hires to date” in the table.
Hiring goal tracking
Depending on whether the sum of the hires you have to date, and available capacity in plan is higher or lower than your hiring goal, Gem can tell you if you’re set up for success to actually hit those goals, within a 10% margin.
Understanding your capacity surplus or gap
Depending on whether the total hiring capacity of your team meets, exceeds, or is short of your hiring goal, Gem can tell you how many hires this difference makes up.
Use this insight to confidently re-assign team members to other hiring priorities and initiatives, in the case of a surplus, or petition for more hiring resources in the case of a gap.
Ensuring your plan is sustainable
Gem can show you what percentage of your team’s total capacity to hire in the time frame is allocated toward an expected hire.
Use this insight to evaluate pace and pressure on your team, and as guidance to set norms and best practices for how your team operates.
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at email@example.com.