If a candidate has made it to the Offer stage and you’re ready to extend an offer to them, you can upload an offer letter to Gem and add e-signature boxes to request signatures from both the candidate and signatory at your company. Signature request emails will be sent out and you will be notified via email when they have signed.
- Your team uses the Gem ATS
- You have an offer letter ready (PDF or DOCX)
- The candidate is in the Offer stage
- You are set as a Hiring Manager or Recruiter on the job (for offer creation and download)
Note: If you’re under our Free For Startups program, you will be limited to sending 10 e-signature requests per year.
Uploading Offer Letters
- Create and have your offer letter ready. This will be done outside of Gem and should be saved as either a PDF or DOCX file.
- In the Gem ATS, open the job the candidate is in. The “Talent Pipeline” tab will be selected by default.
- Move the candidate to the Offer stage if you haven’t done so already. You can either click-and-drag the candidate’s card to do this or click on their profile card and use the “Move to” stage selector dropdown menu.
- With the candidate’s profile open in Gem, click “Create offer”.
- A file selector window will open. Find and select your offer letter file (PDF or DOCX).
- Click “Save & close”. At this point, the offer letter has been uploaded to Gem.
Sending e-Signature Requests
We have an integration with Dropbox Sign to enable e-signature requests within Gem.
- Complete section above to ensure the candidate is in the Offer stage and has an offer letter uploaded to Gem.
- From the job’s “Talent Pipeline” tab, click on the candidate to show their application details.
- Click “Send e-signature request”.
- Fill in the required fields. Note that signers do not need a Gem account.
- Click “Preview & send”.
- You will manage who you’re requesting a signature from in the top-left corner of the preview window. Click on the dropdown menu to select the appropriate person.
- Click-and-drag the “Signature” box from the toolbar into the desired area of your letter.
- Note: A signature is required at minimum. If needed, you can add on the other available options, such as initials and date.
- Repeat steps #6-7 for each person you’re requesting a signature from. Each signature box will be for a specific person, so if you have two people that need to sign, there should be two individual signature boxes when you’re done.
- Click “Send for signature”.
- A notification will appear stating that your message is pending. Shortly after, it will update to confirm that the message has been sent.
- Under the “Offer” section, you will see a list of all the signers, as well as the statuses of their signatures (e.g. Awaiting or Signed).
- Are managed by Dropbox Sign
- An automated email notification will be sent out to signers when you send an e-signature request.
- Subsequently, reminders will automatically be sent out to signers 7 and 3 days before the offer expires.
- An automated notification will also be sent out to signers when the offer expires.
- Signers will not receive more than one automated notification within 24 hours.
Replacing Offers (for Revoking Offers, see section below)
If you’ve made an edit to an offer and wish to replace the existing one:
- Open the candidate’s application details.
- Click “Replace Offer”. (This will immediately void the existing offer if it’s already been sent. The candidate will not be notified.)
- Upload your updated offer.
- Click “Send e-signature request” and resend the offer.
- Under the “Offer” section of a candidate’s application, click on the “...” button.
- Select “Revoke offer”. (Note: This cannot be undone and Gem won’t notify the candidate. If you wish to send a message to the candidate, it will have to be done separately.)
In addition to seeing signature statuses from a candidate’s application details page, you can view the status of your offer in the job’s Talent Pipeline view:
- Needs offer creation - The candidate was moved into the Offer stage, but does not have an offer created
- Offer needs to be sent - An offer letter was uploaded to Gem, but not sent out for e-signatures yet
- Offer sent - The offer and e-signature request has been sent to the candidate
- Offer viewed - The candidate viewed the PDF of the offer through the Dropbox Sign link that was emailed to them
- Offer expired - The offer was sent, but it expired (expiration date was configured when the offer was sent out)
- Offer expires soon - The offer expires in less than 48 hours
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at email@example.com.