Gem ATS allows you to create scorecard templates that can be used across multiple jobs. This lets you easily use the same scorecard for related positions without having to configure each job’s scorecard separately.
Scorecard templates can only be created or modified by users with the Admin role. See Getting Started - Gem ATS Permissions for more information on roles in Gem.
Scorecard templates can be created or edited from the Templates menu in the ‘ATS’ section of the left-hand navigation bar in Gem. Once you have the Templates page open, you can select an existing template to edit it, or click the ‘New Scorecard Template’ button on the top right to create a new template.
When you create a new template, you should first assign a name to it so you can easily locate it later. All templates are required to contain an Overall Recommendation question, which uses your team’s configured scoring, and an Overall Feedback question, which allows the interviewer to give their feedback and impressions of the candidate.
You can add additional questions to the scorecard template as needed. To add a new question:
- Click the ‘Add Question’ button at the bottom of the question list
- Select the type of question you would like to add:
- Text box allows for free-form text answers
- Single-select allows you to pick one answer from a list of possibilities
- Multi-select allows you to pick multiple answers from a list of possibilities
- Fill in the ‘Question’ box with the text of the question
- Optionally, fill in the ‘Description’ box with additional information about the question for interviewers
- If you are using a single-select or multi-select question, fill out the list of possible answers to present to interviewers
- Use the ‘Add option’ button to add additional answers
- You can drag and drop options to re-order them
- You can click the x to the right of an option to remove it
- Check the ‘Required’ checkbox if this question is required for all interviewers. If left blank, this question will be shown in the scorecard but interviewers have the option not to answer it.
- When you’re happy with the question, click the ‘Done’ button at the top right
Once you are happy with all of your questions, click the ‘Publish’ button at the top right of the scorecard template to complete the template and make it available for interviews. See Gem ATS: Jobs for information on interview plans.
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.