What is Slack?
Slack is a messaging app for business that connects people to the information they need. By bringing people together to work as one unified team, Slack transforms the way organizations communicate.
Why Slack + Gem?
With Slack + Gem, teams can maintain timely communications around prospects and keep their teams informed on pipeline status.
With the Slack + Gem integration, you can:
- Receive notifications on Gem notes when @mentioned or on followed prospects
- Reply to notes without leaving Slack
- Receive notifications when requested to review or when your review is completed
- Stay on top of your team’s pipeline through automated Talent Pipeline reports
How to connect Slack + Gem
Here’s how to set up the integration:
- Go to your Gem Settings, go to the Slack Integration section. Click Add To Slack to connect Gem to your workspace.
- That’s it! You can now receive and reply to notifications in Slack and set up Talent Pipeline automations.
Add Gem Your Slack Workspace and Channel
In order to receive Talent Pipeline notifications in a Slack channel, you’ll need to add the Gem app to the channel first.
Here’s how to set up the app on a channel:
- In Slack, right click on the channel to which you want to send the report and click “View channel details”
- Select the “Integrations” tab then “Add apps”
- Search for “Gem” and add the app to this channel.
- If you or another member of your team has already added the Gem app to your Slack workspace, click View and continue.
- Select the Gem app and click Configuration. You will be redirected to the Slack website showing you the details of the Gem app.
- Click the green Open in Slack button on the left side of the page. You will be redirected back to the Slack app.
- Click Add this app to a channel and select the desired channel.
Schedule automated Talent Pipeline reports via Slack
With Talent Pipeline, you can automatically send a report to a Slack channel or individual teammate on a recurring schedule. Scheduled reports make it easy to increase visibility around status.
- To start, you’ll need a saved Talent Pipeline report. If you don’t have one saved, create and save one.
- In your Gem Settings, go to Slack Integration Settings and click on Add Report.
- Select the report, day, time, and Slack channel that you want the report to be sent to. All dates and times will be shown in your time zone.
- Add Gem to your chosen Slack channel.
Gem will now send the saved Talent Pipeline report to that channel on the schedule you've selected. You can manage or remove the weekly report by going back to Slack Integration Settings on Gem's Settings page.
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at email@example.com.