Gem Admins are able to control which days outreach should not be sent out to candidates (ex. observed holidays). Once set, Gem will skip sending messages on the holiday and will schedule the message to be sent on the next business day instead.
How it Works
- Navigate to your Team Settings dashboard and open the Customization tab. You can also access this page at https://gem.com/admin/customization.
- Scroll down to Holiday settings.
- Review Gem's default holidays.
- Click Disable to remove non-relevant holidays from the list.
- Click + New holiday if you wish to add one. Please note, this will not affect previously scheduled candidates within your Sequences. Adding new candidates to existing Sequences will allow you to take advantage of this feature.
If a team member uses the Business Days option when scheduling Sequence Stages: Gem will automatically skip over the holiday. For example, if it is Thursday and your team has Friday and Monday marked as holidays, the "Send in 1 Business Day" setting will result in the Stage being scheduled for Tuesday.
If a team member uses the Days options when scheduling Sequence Stages: They will receive a warning notification, but the Stage will still go out on that day.
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.