There are 2 different levels of integration that we'll cover:
- Basic - This allows you to upload candidates from Gem into SmartRecruiters. Duplicate checks will be performed to identify already-existing candidate records in SmartRecruiters to prevent duplicate records from being created. You will also be able to specify which job you'd like the candidate to be added to during the upload process.
- Advanced - This allows you to use Talent Compass features if they have been enabled for your team. Your Gem Account Executive or Customer Success Manager will instruct you to set this integration up if it is needed as part of your Gem package.
- Your team's ATS needs to be set to SmartRecruiters by a Gem team member. Your Gem Account Executive or Customer Success Manager can perform this for you, or you can email email@example.com for assistance.
- Basic: Anyone on your team that has both a Gem and SmartRecruiters account will be able to set this integration up for themselves. This will link their individual Gem and SmartRecruiter accounts together on a per-user basis. It does not set up the integration for everyone on your team.
- Advanced: Only a Gem Admin can configure this for your team since it requires access to the SmartRecruiters Settings page.
1. From the Gem extension, click the “Connect to SmartRecruiters” button:
2. Log into SmartRecruiters via OAuth and click "Allow Access".
3. That's it! You're all set and can upload candidates from Gem into SmartRecruiters, as well as assign them to a job. Gem candidates who already exist in SmartRecruiters will also be listed in the Gem sidebar so that you can avoid creating duplicate records.
Only one Gem Admin on your team needs to complete this procedure. This will set the Advanced Integration up for your entire team.
- Go to the following page: SmartRecruiters Settings
- Under "SmartRecruiters Full Data Sync", click "Set up SmartRecruiters Full Sync".
- Log into your SmartRecruiters account.
- Your SmartRecruiters data will begin feeding into Gem. The amount of time this will take to complete depends on how much data you have and can take up to a full day. You can leave or close out of the page and return later to check on the status of the sync.
- For teams with Talent Compass: Once the sync is complete, look under the "Pipeline Stage Mapping" section of the SmartRecruiters Settings page and begin mapping your SmartRecruiter stages to your pipeline stages in Gem. Guidance on this process can be found here and you can discuss best practices with your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager.
Have any issues or questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact your dedicated Gem Customer Success Manager directly or our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.